Want to Earn a Stipend for your SVECCS Chapter?
NSVECCS is excited to offer a stipend to SVECCS chapters from North American Veterinary Schools who are able to send members to IVECCS (please see requirements below)! We would like to express our sincere gratitude to our parent organization, VECCS whom is helping fund these stipends. It is our hope and expectation that with these funds, at least one member from each SVECCS chapter in North America should be able to attend the annual International Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Symposium (IVECCS).
Benefits for attending the Symposium:
- Opportunity for mentorship by IVECCS staff and speakers
- Special luncheon every day
- Meet interns, residents, senior clinicians, and leaders in ECC who have information about internships and residencies
- Opportunity to network with other students
- A special student/intern/resident reception (sponsored by Blackwellking)**
- A special SVECCS luncheon (sponsored by Zoetis)**
- We will assist in finding affordable hotel rooms
- One student in attendance: $300*
- Two or more students: $500*
- The chapter with the most students in attendance: $1000*
- SVECCS chapter must be in good standing (see below for more information)
- Each student in attendance must register as a student volunteer
- Two half day shifts (roughly 6-8 hours total)
- Potential to pick your job
- More info and to sign up: http://www.sveccs.org/newpage44.pml
- **It is strongly encouraged that ALL students in attendance attend the special SVECCS student reception and luncheon
The stipend money will be distributed AFTER IVECCS
A check will be mailed to the chapter adviser at which time it can be distributed to the attendees. It is imperative that your chapter’s officers update the chapter contact information on a regular basis (http://www.sveccs.org/chapter-contact-changes.pml) – we want you to get your stipend!
We hope to see you all there!
How to keep your chapter in good standing
Article VII:REQUIREMENTS OF THE CHAPTERS
The following sections are stated as requirements for all Student Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society Chapters regardless of their country of origin. A chapter that falls in accordance with the sections stated will be deemed ACTIVE. Such a chapter will have the benefits of CE events, IVECCS stipends, grant programs, and access to JVECCS.
• Section 1: Chapter Officer Changes
Each chapter is required to submit an updated Chapter Information Sheet through the sveccs.org website within 14 days of officer elections for their chapter to the NSVECCS Secretary-treasurer. Failure to do so may result in their chapter being placed in the inactive status thereby not eligible for any award programs sponsored by VECCS.
• Section 2: National Newsletter
Each chapter will be required to submit at least one contribution to the national newsletter each year. It can be from members or officers and should relate to VECCS, IVECCS, NSVECCS, or their SVECCS chapter. Topics may include, but are not limited to: chapter fundraisers, chapter wetlabs, special topics in emergency & critical care, internships, residencies, externships or chapter business and marketing.
• Section 3: National Survey
Each chapter is highly recommended to participate in the national survey. The National Vice- President will send the survey to chapter presidents for distribution to all the members of their chapter during the month of April. Compliance from each chapter president is recommended and at least 50%local chapter member response is the objective.
• Section 4: Provide Updated Constitutions
Each chapter must provide an updated copy of their constitution to remain on file at the discretion of the executive board. All copies should be electronically submitted to the active National Secretary-Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply email for confirmation will be submitted to the sender. If a sender does not receive a reply correspondence within 14 business days he/she should contact the active National President at email@example.com.This updated electronic document should be sent one time per year during the month of September.
• Section 5: Provide Updated Member Lists
Each chapter must provide an updated list of their members at minimum twice per calendar year. This roster should be sent to the active National Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply email for confirmation will be submitted to the sender. If a sender does not receive a reply correspondence within 14 business days he/she should contact the active National President at email@example.com.Aroster must be received by 30 September and 1 February.