How do we keep our chapter in active status?
To remain in good standing, the following requirements must be met:
1. Chapter contact information must be updated once per year.
- This can be done on our Chapter Contact Changes page
- This should be completed when the new officers begin their term, however the deadline is June 15th of each year, for the ending school year.
2. Submit one article for our NSVECCS newsletter each year.
- This may be submitted to your NSVECCS representative, or to our communications director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This should be submitted by June 15th of each year, for the ending school year, however may not appear in our newsletter until the following spring.
- For ideas of what to submit, check out our previous editions of Vital Signs
3. Submit your chapter's constitution once each year.
- This may be submitted to your NSVECCS representative, or to our secretary at email@example.com
- This should be submitted by June 15th of each year, for the ending school year
4. Submit a list of your chapter's active members for each term
- These may be submitted to your NSVECCS representative, or to our secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- These should be submitted by the end of each term, however the deadline for all terms is June 15th of each year, for the ending school year.
- If your school has more than two terms/year, a list should be submitted for each term.
- Note: Accurate, updated lists are very important now that we have implemented the SVECCS to VECCS crossover.
5. While not a requirement, we encourage your chapter to participate in the NSVECCS national survey which goes out each year.
What happens if we do not complete these requirements?
We understand that you are students first and SVECCS leaders second, and that is why we have kept our requirements easily achievable. If you are unable to meet these requirements, please contact your NSVECCS representative to discuss your situation. Chapters which have not submitted all required documents by June 15th will be placed in a probationary status. If all requirements have been met by the following year deadline, the chapter will return to active status. However, if the requirements are not met, the chapter will become inactive. If your chapter is currently inactive or on probation, please contact your NSVECCS representative to determine what is necessary to regain active status.
Why is it important to keep our chapter active?
Only chapters in active status are eligible for benefits from National SVECCS such as the IVECCS attendance stipend and the educational grant. Chapters who are on probation or inactive are not eligible. Note that a chapter's status will not affect a member's ability to participate in the SVECCS to VECCS crossover, however participation is dependent on the chapter's submission of active member lists as evidence of the member's consistent active status within the chapter.
Article VII:REQUIREMENTS OF THE CHAPTERS
The following sections are stated as requirements for all Student Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society Chapters regardless of their country of origin. A chapter that falls in accordance with the sections stated will be deemed ACTIVE. Such a chapter will have the benefits of CE events, IVECCS stipends, grant programs, and access to JVECCS.
• Section 1: Chapter Officer Changes
Each chapter is required to submit an updated Chapter Information Sheet through the sveccs.org website within 14 days of officer elections for their chapter to the NSVECCS Secretary-treasurer. Failure to do so may result in their chapter being placed in the inactive status thereby not eligible for any award programs sponsored by VECCS.
• Section 2: National Newsletter
Each chapter will be required to submit at least one contribution to the national newsletter each year. It can be from members or officers and should relate to VECCS, IVECCS, NSVECCS, or their SVECCS chapter. Topics may include, but are not limited to: chapter fundraisers, chapter wetlabs, special topics in emergency & critical care, internships, residencies, externships or chapter business and marketing.
• Section 3: National Survey
Each chapter is highly recommended to participate in the national survey. The National Vice- President will send the survey to chapter presidents for distribution to all the members of their chapter during the month of April. Compliance from each chapter president is recommended and at least 50%local chapter member response is the objective.
• Section 4: Provide Updated Constitutions
Each chapter must provide an updated copy of their constitution to remain on file at the discretion of the executive board. All copies should be electronically submitted to the active National Secretary-Treasurer email@example.com. A reply email for confirmation will be submitted to the sender. If a sender does not receive a reply correspondence within 14 business days he/she should contact the active National President firstname.lastname@example.org.This updated electronic document should be sent one time per year during the month of September.
• Section 5: Provide Updated Member Lists
Each chapter must provide an updated list of their members at minimum twice per calendar year. This roster should be sent to the active National Secretary at email@example.com. A reply email for confirmation will be submitted to the sender. If a sender does not receive a reply correspondence within 14 business days he/she should contact the active National President at firstname.lastname@example.org. A roster must be received by 30 September and 1 February.