(Click on link above for the form)
Please return completed grant to: sveccsEDU@gmail.com (subject: Fall Grant Competition 2016)
Deadline: November 7th, 2016
The Student Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (SVECCS) is offering a grant to student chapters to provide funding for wet labs or lectures supplementing their college's curriculum. Our vision for this grant is for our veterinary student chapters to design either a lecture and/or wet lab for a topic to which students would not otherwise be exposed. A $500 grant will be offered, and winners will be chosen by the committee in the Spring semester.
All submissions can be for an upcoming event or for reimbursement of a recent event.
Applications must be submitted by a chapter that is active and in good standing with National SVECCS*.
Winners of this grant must submit a brief summary and a picture from the event for the newsletter. Entries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 2 weeks after your event, or within 2 weeks of winning the grant if being reimbursed for a recent event. The SVECCS National Board will also provide you with information for the company funding your event and asks that you write a professional thank you letter.
Please stay within the word limits that are imposed and provide all required information. Applications that fail to stay within these limits or to provide all required information will NOT be considered for funding at this time.
**Please make sure to use the form appropriate for the semester in which you are applying
Applications will be distributed to the members of the NSVECCS and our partners at VIN for review. A vote will take place at the NSVECCS meeting following the due date and all chapters who submitted a grant proposal will be contacted following this meeting.
Want to Earn a Stipend for your SVECCS Chapter?
NSVECCS is excited to offer a stipend to SVECCS chapters from North American Veterinary Schools who are able to send members to IVECCS (please see requirements below)! We would like to express our sincere gratitude to Zoetis for partnering with us and graciously providing the funds for these grants, through our parent organization, VECCS. It is our hope and expectation that with these funds, at least one member from each SVECCS chapter in North America should be able to attend the annual International Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Symposium (IVECCS).
Benefits for attending the Symposium:
- Opportunity for mentorship by IVECCS staff and speakers
- Special luncheon every day
- Meet interns, residents, senior clinicians, and leaders in ECC who have information about internships and residencies
- Opportunity to network with other students
- A special student/intern/resident reception**
- A special SVECCS luncheon (sponsored by Zoetis)**
- We will assist in finding affordable hotel rooms
- One student in attendance: $300*
- Two or more students: $500*
- The chapter with the most students in attendance: $1000*
- SVECCS chapter must be in good standing (see below for more information)
- Each student in attendance must register as a student volunteer
- Two half day shifts (roughly 6-8 hours total)
- Potential to pick your job
- More info and to sign up: http://www.sveccs.org/newpage44.pml
- **It is strongly encouraged that ALL students in attendance attend the special SVECCS student reception and luncheon